The third weekend

September 22, 2011

We could not believe what we saw when we first entered our room in Pat' house; a breathtaking view of San Francisco. 
No podíamos creer lo que vimos cuando entramos en nuestra habitación en casa de Pat; una impresionante vista de San Francisco.
I wanted to go for a walk along the ocean beach (west coast of San Francisco) last Friday. But suddenly the weather changed. It was windy and cold. So I decided to stay in the bus and go wherever the bus took me. Then I saw a ¨Legion of Honor museum¨ and thought that it was a good idea to be in a museum to get warm. I got off the bus and there was an old man greeted me very nicely and asked me if I wanted to go to the museum. I said yes and he gave me a free entrance. 

Quería dar un paseo a lo largo de la playa ¨ocean beach¨ (costa oeste de San Francisco) el viernes pasado. Pero de repente el tiempo cambió. Hacía viento y frío. Así que decidí quedarme en el autobús e ir a donde me llevó el autobús. Luego vi el museo ¨Legion of Honor¨ y pensé que era una buena idea estar en un museo para entrar en calor. Me bajé del bus y había un hombre mayor que me saludó amablemente y me preguntó si yo quería ir al museo. Le dije que sí y me dió una entrada gratis.
Some paintings from museum Legion of Honor. Algunas pinturas de museo Legion of Honor.
We bought this ¨Portrait of Dora Maar¨ in Picasso exhibition. Actually, it was my first time to see his exhibition. It was like seeing paintings from various painters. It is amazing how he changed his paiting style. 
Compramos esta lámina del ¨Retrato de Dora Maar¨ en una exposición de Picasso. En realidad, fue mi primera vez a ver su exposición. Era como ver pinturas de diversos pintores. Es increíble cómo cambió su estilo de dibujar.
¨Arizmendi bakery¨ is awesome. This is a perfect place if you fancy something grab-n-go. I love all the fresh breads, pastries and pizza there. 
La panaderia ¨Arizmendi¨ es genial. Este es un lugar perfecto si te apetece algo rápido. Me gusta todo de allí; el pan fresco, pasteles y pizza.
We went to ¨Cha Cha Cha¨ tapas restaurant and bar with Francesca and her friends after visiting Picasso exhibition. We went to the one in The Haight. It is funny that there is a picture of virgin mary hanging on the wall and she looks like Nicolas Cage a lot. 
Fuimos a ¨Cha Cha Cha¨ tapas bar e restaurante con Francesca y sus amigos después de visitar la exposición de Picasso. Fuimos al uno en The Haight. Es curioso que hay una imagen de la virgen colgada en la pared y se parece mucho a Nicolas Cage.
This kind of food I cannot find in Santander; Charbroiled beef garlic noodle from ¨Perilla¨
Este tipo de comida que no se puede encontrar en Santander; Charbroiled noodle de ajo con carne de ¨Perilla¨.
The weather has been nice lately so we went to Golden Gate again and this time we crossed the whole bridge walking, not cycling. I hope tomorrow we will have nice weather too because we are going to hike to ¨Point Reyes¨. Have a wonderful weekend everyone! 
El tiempo ha sido bueno últimamente, así que fuimos al Golden Gate otra vez y cruzamos el puente entero caminando, nada de ir en bici. Espero que mañana tendremos buen tiempo también porque vamos a ir de excursión a ¨Punto Reyes¨. Que tengas un buen fin de semana!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...